• INC Research, LLC, (Raleigh, NC), a therapeutically focused global clinical research organization announced the appointment of Sal Chiovari as its new Chief Information Officer. Chiovari will lead the company's worldwide information technology initiatives, including
the development of new information systems architectures and strategic plans aimed at improving efficiency for clinical development
• CTI Clinical Trial and Consulting Services (Cincinnati, OH) announced the hiring of Ryan Bodle as Senior Accountant and Elaine Moorman as Study Manager. CTI also announced the promotion of Meredith Dees to Regulatory Specialist II, Kristen Cooney to Associate Study Manager, Theresa Crouch to Senior Regulatory Specialist, Jeff Smith to Senior Research Associate, and Joe Schroeder to Senior Research Associate.
• Novella Clinical (Research Triangle Park, NC) announced an expanded business development team with the addition of three Directors of Client
Service: Pamela Kennedy, RN, Fabio Mariano, and Matthew O'Rourke.
• DIA (Horsham, PA) appointed Bayard Gardineer III as Director of Finance/Chief Financial Officer. DIA also announced that Jytte Lyngvig, former CEO of the Danish Medicines Agency, has been appointed Director for DIA Europe.
• The Almac Group's (Souderton, PA) Clinical Technologies business unit announced that Charlie Morris has joined the company as Vice President of New Products and Services. Morris will oversee the development of Almac's IXRS
technology and enhance the company's metrics-based discipline to the software development process.
• Clinipace Worldwide (Morrisville, NC) announced company executive Ran Frenkel, RPh, Vice President, International Business Development, will take on additional responsibility as the Managing Director,
• PharmaNet/i3, (Princeton, NJ) inVentiv Health's clinical segment, announced that Susan C. Stansfield, PhD, has joined the company as Executive Vice President of Clinical Operations for Phase II-IV Development in Europe, Middle
East, and Africa (EMEA), Asia-Pacific, and Latin America.
• CITrials (Costa Mesa, CA) announced the appointment of Timothy L. Welke to the newly created position of Vice President of Clinical Operations.
• Secretary's Advisory Council on Human Research Protections (SACHRP) (Washington, DC) appointed new member Owen Garrick, MD, MBA. SACHRP resides within the Office of Human Research Protections, a division of the Department of Health and Human
Services. In this role, Garrick will help provide advice and recommendations to Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on issues and
topics pertaining to protection of patients in clinical trials. Garrick is currently President and Chief Operating Officer
for Bridge Clinical Research.
• PAREXEL (Boston, MA) announced that its Chairman and CEO, Josef von Rickenback, has been named 2013 Chairman of the Association of Clinical Research Organizations (ACRO). Since its founding in 2002, ACRO
has been committed to highlighting CRO expertise in all aspects of the clinical research enterprise.
• Chiltern International Limited (London, UK and Wilmington, NC) announced the appointment of Roger Hunter as Vice President of Strategic Partnerships in the Business Development function.
• ICON plc, (Dublin, Ireland) announced that Robert L. Howie, Jr. has been appointed Chief Marketing Officer. Howie is an experienced executive with a background in marketing, business development,
market research, publishing, and communications.
(Biomedical Research Alliance of New York) (Lake Success, NY) announced the following staff changes: Raffaella Hart, BS, CIP, CIM, has been promoted to Vice President of Institutional Review Board and Institutional Biosafety Committee Services.
Michael Brown has joined as an IRB analyst. In this role he will work closely with BRANY's central IRB to ensure regulatory compliance
and prompt reviews.
• CDISC (Austin, TX) announced the addition of five individuals to the CDISC Board of Directors (BoD) for a three-year term. Carolyn Compton, MD, PhD, Michael Glickman, Douglas Peddicord, PhD, Stephen Pyke, and John Speakman each contribute unique skillsets to the BoD that will assist CDISC as it moves forward with its strategic goals in 2013.
Appreciation goes to Steven Hirschfeld, MD, PhD, and Robert Goodwin, who completed their CDISC board service in December 2012 and to Wayne Kubick who has become the Chief Technology Officer for CDISC.