Developments, news and strategies for drug development specific to phase I through Phase III global clinical trial management, execution, project management and outsourcing. Go→
News, articles and issues specific to clinical trial practice and implementation at the investigative site level. Go→
Strategies and innovations related to how clinical professionals are utilizing technology internal and external to their organizations to advance clinical trials. Go→
News, articles and issues specific to laboratories role in the clinical trial, including ECG, imaging, genotyping, tissue samples and more. Go→
News, developments and strategies for clinical trials conduct in relation to the FDA, EMEA and other global regulatory authorities overseeing the drug development industry. Go→
News, articles and strategies related to clinical trial design which impact postmarketing studies, therapeutic areas, adaptive trials, statistics, protocols and more. Go→
Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Santen), a Japan-based pharmaceutical company specializing in ophthalmic and anti-rheumatoid arthritis products, wanted to centralize its pharmacovigilance and medical device safety processes to increase visibility into drug safety data and global regulatory compliance. To achieve those goals while maintaining high availability and gaining a predictable IT spend, the company deployed Oracle Argus Cloud Service. Working with Oracle Health Sciences Consulting, the pharmaceutical company was live on the solution in just 10 months.
· To help ensure patient safety and improve its ability to enable real-time decisions about product portfolios, Santen is using Oracle Argus Cloud Service as its safety information platform.
· The company decided to implement Oracle Argus Cloud Service to manage its safety data and increase the efficiency of its pharma and medical device covigilance processes.
· With the help of Oracle Health Sciences Consulting, Santen migrated its legacy data and rolled out the Oracle Argus Cloud Service solution in just 10 months, despite complex regulatory compliance requirements.
· As a result, the company gained faster insight into potential safety issues as they arise.
· Santen also expects to be able to build safety management teams more rapidly and effectively when it expands to new regions across the globe.
· Taking advantage of Oracle Health Sciences Cloud also provides Santen with high availability, timely maintenance by specialists, and IT cost predictability.
· The company expects to roll out Oracle Argus Safety across its global business operations.
· “Oracle Argus Cloud Service gave us the global consolidated platform we needed to improve safety information management. It also enabled IT cost predictability and streamlined the management and maintenance of our safety IT,” said Mitsuru Fukumoto, general manager, Safety Vigilance Group, Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
· “With Oracle Argus Cloud Service, Santen has a centralized platform to manage safety data, which provides expanded insight, helps reduce risk, and eases regulatory reporting and compliance activities. These capabilities are bringing powerful advantages as the company continues to grow and transform its business practices,” said Steve Rosenberg, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health Sciences.