• TrialNetworks (Needham, MA) announced the addition of Jose G. Guerra, MD, as Advisory Board Chairman. Guerra has been in the global biopharmaceutical industry for more than 30 years, including
24 years at Merck & Co.
• ICON plc, (Dublin, Ireland) announced the appointment of Dariush Elahi, PhD, as Director of Metabolic Research. Based in ICON's Clinical Pharmacology Unit in San Antonio, TX. Elahi will lead ICON's
early phase glucose clamping programs globally.
• INC Research (Camberley, UK) announced the appointment of two senior executives to its team. Asli Turkes, PhD, has joined as Vice President, Clinical Development, Oncology. Susan Timoney, PhD, has joined as Executive Director, Clinical Development, Oncology. INC also announced the addition of Beatrice Setnik, PhD, as Vice President, Clinical Pharmacology; and Jane Winter as Senior Vice President of its Global Consulting Unit.
• Covance (Princeton, NJ) announced that Barry J. Goldstein, MD, PhD, has joined its Clinical Development Services business as Vice President and Global Therapeutic Area Head of the
expanded Cardiovascular, Metabolic, and Scientific Affaris leadership team.
• Vetter Development Services USA, Inc. (Chicago, IL) announced that President Claudia Roth, PhD, was elected to the board of the Illinois Biotechnology Industry Organization.
• CluePoints (Cambridge, MA) announced three new appointments to its global team. John Colby and Elizabeth Polvent join the company's US Business Development Team. Jean Stéphenne, President of the Board of Directors of GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals, was welcomed as a member of the board.
• Synergy Research Group, (St. Petersburg, Russia) a Russia-based CRO, announced that John Barker has joined the company as COO.
• Novella Clinical, (Stevenage, England) a Quintiles company, announced the addition of Chris Smyth, PhD, MBA, as their new Managing Director of European and Asian Operations.
• The European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) (Brussels, Belgium) announced Liam English as its new Communications Director.
• Exco InTouch (Sawbridgeworth, UK) announced the appointment of Laurence Burke as Vice President of Operations.
• CTI Clinical Trial and Consulting Services (CTI) (Cincinnati, OH) announced the addition of Shelly Brewer as Director, Global Safety and Pharmacovigilance.
• ERT (Philadelphia, PA) announced that Philadelphia SmartCEO has recognized the company in its Future 50 Awards program. The program
recognizes the region's fastest-growing mid-sized and large Blue Chip companies that have experienced outsized growth based
on a combined three-year average of revenue and employee growth.
• Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) (Wilmington, NC) announced the company was ranked among the top US businesses for employee learning and development by Training magazine. The recognition marks the third consecutive ranking for PPD on the annual Training Top 125 list.
• DAC Patient Recruitment Services (Dallas, TX) announced that it took home the gold in the 2014 AVA Digital Awards competition of writing, design, and execution
of its DACTracks digital marketing campaign.
• Forte Research Systems, Inc. (Madison, WI) announced that the Research Resonance Network received the Clinical Informatics News Best Practices Award in
the category of Clinical Data Intelligence. The Research Resonance Network—which was developed through collaboration with
research organizations and offers free tools for continuous improvement—was recognized for its standards-based approach to
improving clinical research operations.
• CTI Clinical Trial and Consulting Services (CTI) (Cincinnati, OH) was named Blue Ash Corporation of the Year by the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber. The award recognizes
outstanding companies in one of Cincinnati USA's most vibrant business communities.