•As a board of director for ERBI (Cambridge, UK) for many years, the current vice president of business operations for MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD), Jon Green, will become the new Chairman for the organization.
•Now the new vice president of project management for ERT (Philadelphia, PA), Tammy Miller will hold the responsibility of globally implementing and delivering the company's project assurance methodology, which will
include developing and executing strategic plans to enhance customer service.
•With the promotion of Don Berg to president of Clinical Supplies Management (Fargo, ND), who will now manage operations, sales, and finance divisions of the company, the role of chief executive officer
has been given to Gerald Finken, who will now focus on business strategies and growth opportunities, including development of on-demand packaging and labeling.
•Appointed to the position of CRF's (Lansdale, PA) clinical advisor, Nadina Jose, MD, will gain the responsibility of providing clinical insight and site experience to clients and internal staff, as well
as provide therapeutic training, industry white paper leadership, speak at industry conferences, and represent the company's
special interest groups.
BASi (West Lafayette, IN) has expanded its business development team in the United States with Don Hawker now representing the company in Canada and the Western United States, including California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada,
Utah, Montana, Arizona, and Wyoming.
•The former founding executive, president, and chief scientific officer of Quintiles Laboratories (Westmont, IL), Frank Morrow, PhD, is now the chief operating officer of LabConnect (Seattle, WA).
Professor So Iwata, an Imperial College London scientist, accepting his £2 million Diamond Fellowship from the Biotechnology
and Biological Sciences Research Council.
- Having selected Medidata Solutions' (New York, NY) Medidata Rave EDC solution, Roche (Basel, Switzerland) will deploy its software as its core EDC system in a phased, multiyear approach across its five disease
- As a new collaboration to support Phase I cardiac safety clinical trials, Spaulding Clinical Research (West End, WI) has integrated Tiba Medical's (Portland, OR) Ambulo 2400 ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM) systems into its suite of offerings.
- As an early adopter of Oracle's (Redwood Shores, CA) clinical data management platform, Premier Research (Philadelphia, PA) has recently implemented the company's enhanced EDC application, Oracle Remote Data Capture Onsite 4.5.3.
QPS (Newark, DE) has entered into an alliance with Taiwan's Development Center for Biotechnology (Xizhi City, Taiwan) to provide biopharmaceutical companies with comprehensive drug development services ranging from preclinical
through clinical services.
- Upon a three-year agreement signed with the FDA (Rockville, MD), GlobalSubmit (Philadelphia, PA) will enhance or upgrade its software products already in use at the agency as well as provide maintenance
- To cover such employment gaps as seasonal fluctuations, and maternity or holiday leave and to provide an additional resource
option, Syngenta (Basel, Switzerland) has called upon SRG (Birmingham, UK) to implement a UK-wide temporary staff Recruitment Process Outsourcing solution.
- Professor Bart de Strooper and his academic research group of Leuven, Belgium, and to-BBB (Leiden, The Netherlands) will now come together to combine their efforts in Alzheimer's research to develop a potential
treatment for the disease.
- An alliance with Biospective (Quebec, Canada) has allowed Perceptive
Informatics (Boston, MA) to enhance its capabilities of processing and analyzing medical images for central nervous system and oncology
- To support the development of its pipeline of biologics for immune-related disorders, NovImmune (Geneva, Switzerland) has selected Medidata's (New York, NY) Trial Planning product suite, after already utilizing the company's Grants Manager and CRO Contractor.
- To bring Colorado Prevention Center's (Denver, CO) training programs to a wider audience, Zipline Performance Group (Highland Ranch, CO) has entered into an agreement to manage its sales and marketing.
Oracle's (Redwood Shores, CA) Health Science Award for "Accelerating Interests for Better Health" was awarded to CTI (Cincinnati, OH) for their continuous collaboration with Oracle Health Sciences Global Business Unit.
- An Imperial College London scientist, Professor So Iwata, has been awarded the first ever Diamond Professorial Fellowship from the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research
Council, which is worth about £2 million.
- The chairman of Almac Group (Craigavon, UK), Sir Allen McClay, has announced the establishment of the McClay Foundation, a charitable trust in Northern Ireland.
EPS (Tokyo, Japan) has become the first Asia-based contract research organization to reach the most advanced level of Medidata's (New York, NY) Aspire to Win program, Rave Accredited Plus.
- Following its recent performance recruiting for the JUPITER trial, Synexus (Manchester, UK) has succeeded in the recruitment of 1221 patients across seven UK-based sites, and a total of 3273 patients
were recruited worldwide across 87 sites for another global study.
Almac (Philadelphia, PA) has engaged in an aggressive hiring campaign in which it has hired 150 professionals in the past month,
bringing its U.S. workforce to about 900, and is currently recruiting to fill 70 additional positions in the Philadelphia
- To help ensure that the cancer center community can fulfill the new registration requirements for the U.S. National Cancer
Institute (NCI) Clinical Trials Reporting Program, Velos (Fremont, CA) has provided new capabilities and functions in its eResearch platform.
- Upon a successful UK MHRA Good Manufacturing Practices audit, Melbourn Scientific (Melbourn, UK) is expanding its facilities with the creation of a suite of rooms specific for early stage formulation development.
- Adding to ICON's (Dublin, Ireland) bioanalytical and immunoassay capabilities is the company's acquisition of Veeda laboratories, a provider of biomarker laboratory services.
- The purchase of Covance's (Princeton, NJ) interactive voice and Web response services business for $10 million by Phase Forward (Waltham, MA) has also led to a multiyear marketing agreement mandating that Phase Forward market InForm EDC solution and
Clarix interactive response technology solution to Covance clients.
Water Street Healthcare Partners (Chicago, IL) has acquired the pharmaceutical development division from AAIPharma (Wilmington, NC), renaming it AAIPharma Services Corp., and has also committed $75 million to expand the businesses' capabilities.
- To support a growing American client base, Pharmaceutical Development Services (Nottingham, UK) has opened a U.S. office in River Hills, SC.
- In acknowledgement of an increasing interest in outcomes research, CTI (Cincinnati, OH) has opened a new office in Raleigh, NC, to support biostatistics and outcomes research.
- The customer care team of ERT (Philadelphia, PA) will move from their current location in Bridgewater, NJ, to the company's new headquarters located in
- Remaining in Raleigh, NC, Trio Clinical Research (Raleigh, NC) has relocated its corporate headquarters to the Brier Creek Corporate Center, which will provide larger office
space and more amenable facilities for staff and customers.