• TrialNetworks (Needham, MA) announced the addition of Jose G. Guerra, MD, as Advisory Board Chairman. Guerra has been in the global biopharmaceutical industry for more than 30 years, including 24 years at Merck & Co.
• ICON plc, (Dublin, Ireland) announced the appointment of Dariush Elahi, PhD, as Director of Metabolic Research. Based in ICON's Clinical Pharmacology Unit in San Antonio, TX. Elahi will lead ICON's early phase glucose clamping programs globally.• INC Research (Camberley, UK) announced the appointment of two senior executives to its team. Asli Turkes, PhD, has joined as Vice President, Clinical Development, Oncology. Susan Timoney, PhD, has joined as Executive Director, Clinical Development, Oncology. INC also announced the addition of Beatrice Setnik, PhD, as Vice President, Clinical Pharmacology; and Jane Winter as Senior Vice President of its Global Consulting Unit.
• Covance (Princeton, NJ) announced that Barry J. Goldstein, MD, PhD, has joined its Clinical Development Services business as Vice President and Global Therapeutic Area Head of the expanded Cardiovascular, Metabolic, and Scientific Affaris leadership team.
• Synergy Research Group, (St. Petersburg, Russia) a Russia-based CRO, announced that John Barker has joined the company as COO.
• The European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) (Brussels, Belgium) announced Liam English as its new Communications Director.
• Exco InTouch (Sawbridgeworth, UK) announced the appointment of Laurence Burke as Vice President of Operations.
• ERT (Philadelphia, PA) announced that Philadelphia SmartCEO has recognized the company in its Future 50 Awards program. The program recognizes the region's fastest-growing mid-sized and large Blue Chip companies that have experienced outsized growth based on a combined three-year average of revenue and employee growth.
• Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) (Wilmington, NC) announced the company was ranked among the top US businesses for employee learning and development by Training magazine. The recognition marks the third consecutive ranking for PPD on the annual Training Top 125 list.
• DAC Patient Recruitment Services (Dallas, TX) announced that it took home the gold in the 2014 AVA Digital Awards competition of writing, design, and execution of its DACTracks digital marketing campaign.
• Forte Research Systems, Inc. (Madison, WI) announced that the Research Resonance Network received the Clinical Informatics News Best Practices Award in the category of Clinical Data Intelligence. The Research Resonance Network—which was developed through collaboration with research organizations and offers free tools for continuous improvement—was recognized for its standards-based approach to improving clinical research operations.
• CTI Clinical Trial and Consulting Services (CTI) (Cincinnati, OH) was named Blue Ash Corporation of the Year by the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber. The award recognizes outstanding companies in one of Cincinnati USA's most vibrant business communities.