Focused on improving productivity of clinical programs, reducing costs, and boosting study participant retention, health sciences organizations seek ways to accelerate and streamline clinical trial data collection and management. To support these objectives, Oracle will integrate Nuance Communications' (NASDAQ: NUAN) cloud-based medical speech recognition technology with Oracle Health Sciences e-clinical software.
- Oracle announced today that Oracle Health Sciences will work with Nuance Communications, a leading provider of voice and language understanding solutions and Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), to help simplify and accelerate data collection and management for clinical trials through state-of-the-art voice-to-text capabilities for web-based apps and mobile devices.
- Oracle and Nuance expect to work together to integrate Nuance technology with Oracle e-clinical software.
- Together, the technologies will help simplify, streamline and speed electronic data capture, mobile data capture and data review by clinical data entry staff, investigators and clinical research associates.
- By accelerating capture and review of trial-related data, health sciences organizations can speed time-to-data lock, improve risk based monitoring solutions and help to reduce costs.
- Nuance’s cloud-based healthcare solutions enable the clinical trial team to document information and communicate findings virtually wherever they are using the most efficient accurate and simple tool they have – their voice.
- Oracle Health Sciences delivers a comprehensive suite of e-clinical solutions that significantly increase productivity throughout clinical development process by helping to simplify processes across applications, reduce cycle times, and make in-stream decisions, while offering high levels of traceability and compliance.
“Nuance’s medical speech and language understanding solutions allow people to stay productive by leveraging mobile devices, and cloud connectivity to communicate anywhere, anytime across devices and platforms,” said Peter Durlach, senior vice president marketing, Nuance Communications. “Embedding Nuance cloud-based medical speech solutions into Oracle’s clinical apps provides a more natural and efficient approach for clinical researchers and staff to deliver accurate information within their workflow.”
· “Clinical trial sponsors and contract research organizations around the world count on Oracle Health Sciences’ leading e-clinical solutions to help them automate and streamline their entire clinical development process,” said Nick Giannasi, vice president, Oracle Health Sciences. “We are committed to continued innovation, and working with Nuance will bring powerful voice-driven capabilities to our e-clinical solutions, making it easier and faster for investigators and study participants to capture and provide accurate clinical trial data.”