OR WAIT 15 SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• Phlexglobal (Bucks, UK) has announced the addition of Jerold Grupp as Vice President. Grupp will also head up the organization's recently launched Philadelphia office which opened in May.
• Biomedical Research Alliance of New York (Lake Success, NY) has added Robert L. Van Nostrand as a biotechnology expert to its Board of Directors.
• ACM Global Central Lab (Rochester, NY) announced that Todd Meyers has joined the executive management team as Vice President of Sales and Marketing and will be responsible for global business development efforts.
Robert L. Van Nostrand
• INC Research (Raleigh, NC) has appointed Erik Deurell, MD, as Medical Director of Pediatrics, where he will be responsible for maintaining the scientific integrity of the CRO's pediatric clinical trials and providing medical oversight and therapeutic training to its project teams in the United States.
• Advanced Clinical (Bannockburn, IL) has made several new additions including Christina Fleming, PhD, to its leadership team as Executive Vice President, Scientific and Medical Affairs, and Tony Crone as Senior Director of Business Development.
• Lee Shapiro, President of Allscripts, has been elected to Medidata Solutions' (New York, NY) board of directors.
• Worldwide Clinical Trials (King of Prussia, PA) has appointed Gerald Messerschmidt, MD, as Vice President, Oncology Medical Affairs.
• The European Medicines Agency's (EMA) (London, UK) Management Board has nominated Guido Rasi as new Executive Director of the Agency. Rasi has been Director-General of the Italian Medicines Agency since 2008, and a member of the EMA's Management Board since 2010. The management board also elected Kent Woods, Chief Executive of the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency of the United Kingdom, as chair for a three-year mandate.
• With more than 20 years of leadership experience in the life sciences, medical, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sectors, Neil Rotherham, MD, will join Cmed Group's (Horsham, England) board of directors.
• ERT (Philadelphia, PA) has appointed Jeffrey S. Litwin, MD, its new President and Chief Executive Officer and a member of the board.
• William Irish, PhD, has been appointed to the editorial board as Statistical Editor of the American Journal of Transplantation (Cincinanati, OH).