OR WAIT null SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• Drug Safety Alliance, Inc., (Research Triangle Park, NC) a pharmacovigilance services provider, has announced the addition of industry veteran Michael Pierce, MBA, RAC, as Chief Compliance Officer. In his new role, Pierce will oversee DSA's Quality and Regulatory Compliance and Risk Management teams. Pierce has more than 35 years of government and industry experience in regulatory and quality compliance.
• ACM Global Central Lab (Rochester, NY) announced that Mark Engelhart has joined the executive management team as Chief Commercial Officer. Engelhart will be responsible for leading business development, proposals and contracts, marketing, and sales activities worldwide. Prior to joining ACM Global, Engelhart was Chief Commercial Officer at Cryoport, Inc. a provider of leading-edge cold chain logistics services.
• ICON (Dublin, Ireland)has made two senior appointments in Early Phase and Epidemiology & Risk Management departments. Pui Man Leung, MD, has joined ICON as Senior Clinical Research Physician at the Clinical Pharmacology Unit in Manchester, UK. Leung joins the company with over 23 years of hospital and pharmaceutical industry experience in a variety of medical specialties including diabetes, endocrinology, and general medicine. Susan Anton has been appointed Director, Epidemiology and Risk Management Practice, ICON Late Phase & Outcomes Research. Anton has over 25 years of experience leading international epidemiologic, health economic, and outcomes research, and other market access initiatives.
• Camargo Pharmaceutical Services (Cincinnati, OH), an end-to-end drug development service provider specializing in the 505(b)(2) process, has appointed K. Gary Barnette as Vice President of Drug Development. Barnette will be responsible for the growth of the company and excellent customer service utilizing his experience within the drug development industry and his knowledge of FDA regulations. He will be stationed in the Durham, NC office.
K. Gary Barnette
• Nathalie Doize has joined REGISTRAT-MAPI (Lyon, France) as Vice President, Clinical Operations for REGISTRAT-MAPI EU. Working as a key member of the organization's executive leadership, Doize will assume responsibilities for clinical operations in Europe and affiliated territories. She will be responsible for the strategic development and functioning of international operations to ensure that growth, profitability, quality, and customer service goals are achieved.
Correction: In the July news section, the article "Managing Budgets in Complex Times with Tight Variances" was published with inaccuracies. Please visit www.appliedclinicaltrialsonline.com/budgets for the correct version.