OR WAIT 15 SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• Expression Analysis (Durham, NC) has made two new additions to its scientific management team with Patrick Hurban, PhD, filling the role of Vice President of Research and Development, and Louise Grant as Director of Operations.
• Joining BioPharm Systems (San Mateo, CA) is Mari Clovis as Principal Consultant, and Vicky Green as Director of Client Relations.
• CRF Health (Lansdale, PA) has appointed Ingrid Klingmann, MD, PhD, as consulting Clinical Advisor and Gregg W. Jewett as Senior Director, Strategic Alliances and Partnerships.
• Anderson Packaging (Rockford, IL) has named Robert Misher as Senior Vice President and General Manager of Anderson Clinical Services.
• Judy Fox, Compliance Implementation Services Director for U.S. Global Compliance (Philadelphia, PA), has been elected to the PDMA Alliance Board of Directors.
• Frontage Laboratories (Exton, PA) has made several additions to its Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics Services team including Abdul Mutlib, PhD, as Vice President, Jack Wang, PhD, as Assistant Vice President, Li Shen, PhD, as Associate Director, Jim Burleigh as Lab Manager, Seonghee Park, PhD, as Senior Scientist, and Peter Lu as Associate Director.
• With an extensive background as an engineer, entrepreneur, and business leader in technology and health care, Kamar Aulakh has joined Velos (Fremont, CA) as Chief Operating Officer.
Ingrid Klingmann, MD, PhD
• Leading Almac's (Craigavon, Northern Ireland) Clinical Technologies' biostatistical department, Graham Nicholls will use his previous experience in the biopharmaceutical industry in his new role as Director of Biostatistics.
• With BioStorage Technologies (Indianapolis, IN) for over three years, Anna O'Nan has been promoted to Director of Finance and Accounting and Elizabeth Kozman has a new role as Associate Director of Strategic and Commercial Development.
• Strengthening its management teams across Western, Central, and Eastern Europe, Synexus (Lancashire, UK) has appointed Helena Sigal, PhD, as Country Manager for Germany and Radoslaw Janiak, MD, as Country Manager for Poland.
• Elliott Berger will fill the position of Vice President of Global Marketing and Strategy for Catalent Pharma Solutions (Somerset, NJ.
• Blair Gibson has been chosen to fill the position of Vice President, Brand Solutions for Global Commercial Solutions at Quintiles (Research Triangle Park, NC).
Glasgow and West of Scotland Regional Director, Rabinder Buttar, PhD, ClinTec International with presenter, Laura Gordon, Institute of Director's Scotland Branch Committee at its "Director of the Year Awards."
• Clinilabs (New York, NY) has licensed NewCardio's (Santa Clara, CA) QTinno software solution in order to perform fully-automated cardiac safety analyses in cardiac intensive QT studies and has signed a services work order so that NewCardio can assist Clinilabs in developing an ECG core laboratory.
• Anapharm (Quebec, Canada) has selected Pharsight's (St. Louis, MO) Knowledgebase Server as its solution for storage and tracking of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data.
• Praxis (Brentwood, TN) extended patient recruitment services to a top 20 pharmaceutical company for an international Hepatitis C virus study exploring an investigational drug's effectiveness for this condition.
• To offer clients better access to Chinese patients, ICON (Dublin, Ireland) and Tigermed (Shanghai, China) have signed an alliance agreement.
• CDISC (Austin, TX) has selected Nextrials (San Ramon, CA) as one of 15 registered solutions providers.
• To facilitate the development of promising therapeutic medicines, Eli Lilly (Indianapolis, IN) has joined SNM's (Reston, VA) Clinical Trials Network.
• A business development agreement gives Life Science Partner (Atlanta, GA), a consulting services company, the ability to market Ricerca's services in the areas of agrochemical registration, environmental analysis, and pre-investigational new drug biopharmaceutical registration, increasing the Japanese, Korean, and general Asian markets for Ricerca (Concord, OH).
• Offering complete pharmacokinetic studies in a reduced time period, AniClin Preclinical Services (Hollywood, FL) has formed a strategic alliance with Taylor Technology, a subsidiary of PharmaNet Development Group (Princeton, NJ).
• ClinResearch (Centurion, South Africa) has joined Health Decisions' (Durham, NC) Agile Clinical Network, expanding its geographic scope.
• Under a new initiative to foster industry-academic research, Maastricht University (Maastricht, Netherlands) has formed R4B, Research for Business where companies can receive as much as €825,000 (1.02 million USD) in funding for collaborative research with any of MUMC's academic research faculties.
• At the Institute of Director's "Director of the Year Awards," Rabinder Buttar, PhD, President and Chief Executive Officer of ClinTec International (Glasgow, Scotland) became the only female director this year to win a Regional Director's Award.
• Quintiles (Research Triangle Park, NC) Global Central Laboratory in China has won the national "Best Central Lab 2009" award from Shanghai Mental Health Center.
• President and Co-founder of Medidata Solutions (New York, NY), Glen de Vries, has been named one of Crain's 40 Under 40, an annual list of rising business stars who have excelled in their respective fields.
• Sami I. Said, MD, Professor at the State University of New York and Chairman of NORD's Medical Advisory Committee, has been awarded a National Organization for Rare Disorders Partners in Progress Award.
• For its outstanding organizational engagement, Rho (Chapel Hill, NC) has earned the Best-in-Class seal from HR Solutions, a human resource consulting organization.
• Expanding its headquarters located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland, Almac's Pharma Services business unit has completed its £9 million ($13 million USD) expansion.
• TFS Trial Form Support International's clinical research unit at the Karolinska University Hospital in Stockholm, Sweden has passed inspection from the Swedish Medical Products Agency.
• Vetter 's (Ravensburg, Germany) site manager, Claudia Roth, PhD, for its new facility in Chicago, opening in the fourth quarter, presented "Design and Implementation of a Fast and Flexible Clinical-Trial-Material Manufacturing Site in the U.S.," at BIO's annual meeting.
• Forming a new company, GxPi (Nottingham, UK) sister companies GxP Consulting and Good Products have announced a merger.
• Through a cash merger of $17 a share, or approximately $685 million, Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) has agreed to acquire Phase Forward (Waltham, MA).
• In an $81 million agreement, ERT (Philadelphia, PA) plans to acquire CareFusionResearch Services (San Diego, CA).
• United BioSource Corporation (Bethesda, MD) has acquired Abt Bio-Pharma Solutions (Boston, MA).
• Ken Getz, the founder of CenterWatch (Boston, MA), along with private equity investors, has acquired CenterWatch from Jobson Medical Information (New York, NY).
• PPD (Wilmington, NC has opened a vaccine clinical research center in Taizhou, China to help strengthen its clinical research and development services in this global region.
• To accommodate expansions in the organization's workforce and prepare for future company growth, MedNet Solutions (Minnetonka, MN) has moved its corporate headquarters to 110 Cheshire Lane, Suite 300.
• BioClinica (Newtown, PA) has introduced WebSend, a system that transfers and tracks medical images in real-time.
• PercipEnz Technologies (Madison, WI) released the OnCore Clinical and Translational Research Software, Version 10.0.
• Almac Clinical Services (Craigavon, Northern Ireland) has released two new products, a reporting solution for its IXRS integrated phone and Web response technology, and a Web-based clinical Label Approval System.
• With new forecasting abilities and a redesigned user interface, Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) has introduced Oracle CRM On Demand Release 17.