OR WAIT 15 SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• J. Rick Turner, PhD, Senior Scientific Director, Cardiac Safety Services, Quintiles, has been named the new Editor-In-Chief of the Drug Information Journal, the official peer-reviewed journal of DIA (Horsham, PA).
• INC Research (Raleigh, NC) has made several new hires including Kathy Bohannon as its newest Principal Strategist, Pediatrics, who is responsible for providing expertise in the design and execution of pediatric studies. The company has also appointed Shabbir Rangwala as Executive Director, Global Services and Site Head, and Sunil Garg as Senior Manager, Clinical Operations, to help manage India-based clinical trials.
J. Rick Turner, PhD
• ACM Global Central Lab (Rochester, NY) has appointed Sonal Deshmukh, who has more than seven years of experience within the central lab industry, as the Head of Project Management Asia Pacific, located in Mumbai, India.
• Cetero Research (Cary, NC) has appointed Roger N. Hayes, PhD, previously Director of Bioanalytical at Schering-Plough Research Institute to the role of President, Bioanalytical Operations.
• Camargo Pharmaceutical Services (Cincinnati, OH) has hired Ray Dawkins, MD, as Chief Medical Officer.
• Keith Howells has been appointed Vice President of Engineering at OmniComm Systems (Fort Lauderdale, FL) where he will be responsible for the ongoing development of the TrialMaster, eClinical, and TrialOne product lines at OmniComm.
• With over 25 years of experience in drug development and clinical trial design in cardiovascular indications with an emphasis on imaging, Peter Milner, MD, has been selected to expand and enhance SYNARC's (San Francisco, CA) cardiac imaging services and solutions for the clinical trial setting.
Roger N. Hayes, PhD
• With over 11 years of experience in pharmaceutical research and development, Anthony Priestley, MD, has joined ICON (Dublin, Ireland) as Medical Director at ICON's Clinical Pharmacology Unit in Manchester, UK.
• Norwich Pharmaceuticals (Norwich, NY) has welcomed Terence Novak as President, Commercial Operations where he will provide strategic leadership for Norwich Pharmaceuticals' commercial business group that includes sales, marketing, and customer service.
• Efim Borodowski, previously from Fisher Clinical Services, has joined Synexus (Manchester, UK) as Director, International Business Development.
• CTI Clinical Trial and Consulting Services (Cincinnati, OH) has made several new additions to its team including Aubry Biesbrook as Accounting Clerk and Theresa Crouch as Regulatory Specialist II.
• Ockham (Cary, NC) has formed its Scientific Board of Advisors which is comprised of three medical professionals with an oncology background. These members include Ed Schnipper, MD, William McCulloch, MD, and Thomas F. Pajak, PhD.
• Providing operational oversight of Premier Research's (Philadelphia, PA) feasibility team, Sue Robinson has been hired as Director of Patient Recruitment.
• Eugene Kroon, MD, has been appointed CEO of Ecron Acunova Company Ltd (Bankok, Thailand).
• Clinilabs (New York, NY) has announced the arrival of Stephen Murray, MD, PhD, to the position of Chief Medical Officer where he will lead the company's CNS specialty unit.
Monica Garcia, Certified Clinical Research Coordinator and Region Manager and John Speer, MD, Principal Investigator meet at Clinical Research Advantage's new Colorado Springs research facility to discuss one of the many trials underway.
(Minnetonka, MN) has released its latest version of ENLIGHTEN, the company's eClinical solution. The latest ENLIGHTEN release contains enhancements to expand reporting capabilities, increase configurability, and optimize system performance.