OR WAIT 15 SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• Quay Pharma (Derby, UK) has promoted Mark Powell, PhD, to Scientific Manager where he will take on wider technical responsibility and seek to further raise the scientific profile of the company.
• The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) (Tampa, FL) has selected Bryan Wright to join ISPE as European Regulatory Affairs Advisor. In his new capacity, Wright will act as liaison between ISPE and European regulatory authorities to help expand relationships between regulatory bodies and ISPE, shape ISPE educational offerings, and keep ISPE members informed of relevant regulatory developments originating from European regulatory authorities.
• Donna E. Beardsworth, Founder, President, and Chief Executive Officer of Beardsworth Consulting (Flemington, NJ) passed away unexpectedly in late March. Michael O'Brien has been appointed as the new President and Chief Executive Officer.
Donna E. Beardsworth
• Chiltern International (London, UK) announced that it has opened a new office in the Netherlands and has appointed Angela Pasma as the Netherlands' Country Manager.
• Clinilabs has appointed Richard Johnson, MD, head of Hudson Global, to its Advisory Board.
• David Iklé, PhD, RHO Principal Investigator, has been invited to join the American Journal of Transplantation (AJT) (Chapel Hill, NC) Editorial Board as a Statistical Editor based on his contributions to transplantation literature in general, contributions to AJT in particular, and his reputation as a thought leader in the field of transplantation, specifically as it applies to statistical methodologies.
• President and Executive Medical Director of PMG Research (Winston-Salem, NC), Thomas W. Littlejohn, III, MD, passed away in a plane crash on Wednesday, March 30, 2011. Littlejohn helped PMG Research grow from a single research site in Winston-Salem to a nationally recognized multi-site clinical research organization.
• With more than 15 years experience in marketing, communications, and business consulting, Jessica Cunningham has been appointed Director of Marketing of Novella Clinical (Research Triangle Park, NC), where she will have executive oversight of all global marketing and communication for both Novella Clinical and Novella Clinical Resourcing.
Outside Almac's new 240,000 square foot headquarters in Souderton, PA. The lab provides support for clinical packaging operations as well as standalone analytical services. The new facility also offers polymorph and salt screening and solid form development.
Correction: In March 2011's "Partnerships in Clinical Trials" supplement Radinder Buttar"s e-mail was incorrect. The correct e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.