OR WAIT 15 SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• S2 Statistical Solutions (Cincinnati, OH), a provider of data mining and economic analysis for medical device, diagnostic, and biopharmaceutical companies, has appointed Tina Hunter, PhD, as Senior Director of Analytics.
• Jonathan M. Fishbein has been appointed Vice President and Global Head for the Infectious Diseases Therapeutic Area Group at ICON (Dublin, Ireland) where he will oversee the growth and management of the infectious disease portfolio.
Tina Hunter, PhD
• Laurie Heilmann has been appointed ACR Image Metrix's (Philadelphia, PA) new Director of Business Development and Elena Kachanova has been appointed Clinical Project Manager.
• Joining MediciGlobal (King of Prussia, PA) is Judy Berwick as Account Executive.
• With 10 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, Bill Kane has joined Almac (Craigavon, Northern Ireland) as Director of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance. He will be responsible for supporting internal, client, and agency audits, as well as improving internal Quality and Compliance programs.
Jonathan M. Fishbein
• ACM Global (Rochester, NY) has added several new people to its team including Zoe Denham as Project Manager, Barnaby le Clercq as Business Development Director, and Ros McCabe, PhD, as Analytical Scientist. In addition, ACM Global has appointed Hua-Kang Wu, PhD, as Director of Molecular and Cellular Diagnostics, Cholpady P. Kamath, MD, Director of Anatomic Pathology, and promoted Tracy Hendershott to Executive Director, Global Operations.
• The Patient Recruitment Organization Steering Committee (Washington, DC) has elected Robert Loll as Vice Chairman.
• Mary Spellman, MD, will lead Integrium's (Tustin, CA) new Dermatology Clinical Research Group.
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (Washington, DC) has hired John J. Castellani as President and Chief Executive Officer.
• Virtify (Cambridge, MA) has promoted John P. Murgo to the role of Chief Operating Officer. He will manage the integration of people and processes within sales, marketing, product implementation, and customer support in addition to his existing responsibilities as Executive Vice President/Chief Financial Officer.
• With more than a decade of drug development experience, John Q. Kamerud, PhD, will lead Covance's (Princeton, NJ) North American principal investigator teams, providing large molecule bioanalytical services as Associate Director of Immunochemistry Services.
• TRAC (Corwnall, UK), a regulatory affairs specialist, has made several new additions including Debbi Finlay and Mike May as members of the Regulatory Affairs Team and Natalie Grogan as Marketing Manager.
The newest additions to TRAC's staff pictured with company Directors Sarah Trethowan and Jonathan Trethowan. From left to right: Sarah Trethowan, Mike May, Debbie Finlay, Natalie Grogan, and Jonathan Trethowan.