OR WAIT null SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• Frontage Laboratories (Exton, PA) announced two senior appointments to lead its clinical services efforts. George Laskaris has been named Senior Director, Frontage Biometrics Services. Alma Villasin, RN, BSN, MBA, joins as Director, Clinical Operations.
• ICON plc. (Dublin, Ireland) announced the appointment of Brendan Buckley as Chief Medical Officer. In this role, Buckley will be ICON's lead medical expert, representing the company's position on key scientific, ethical, and medical governance matters, and he will also provide guidance and oversight to the medical and scientific groups across ICON.
• Accelovance (Rockville, MD) made several hires in the first half of 2013 to bolster its capabilities in oncology clinical trials. Jamie Oliver, PharmD, was appointed Senior Vice President, Clinical Services. Robert C. Shepard, MD, PhD, was named Vice President, Scientific and Medical Affairs, Oncology.
• INC Research, LLC (Raleigh, NC and Camberley, UK) announced the appointment of Ian M. Braithwaite, PhD, as Executive Vice President and General Manager, General Medicine.
• The Medical Research Network (Buckinghamshire, England) has appointed Finance Director Simon Mouncer. Mouncer, who is based at the Milton Keynes headquarters, has been with the company since 2012 in an interim capacity.
• Theorem Clinical Research (King of Prussia, PA) announced the appointment of two top-level executives: Alison Taber as Vice President, Global Data Management, and Jeff Wiley, as Senior Director of Clinical Operations.
• Rho (Chapel Hill, NC) announced the addition of Richard Koenig as Vice President of Operations. In his position, Koenig will lead a growing team of research professionals, including principal investigators, clinical research associates, data managers, biostatisticians, statistical programmers, project, and program managers, and others.
• BioClinica, Inc. (Newtown, PA) announced the appointment of David S. Herron to the position of Executive Vice President, and President of the company's Imaging Core Lab division. Herron is responsible for the global strategic planning and operations of BioClinica's medical imaging management solutions, which include software and services for the electronic transfer, management, and independent review of medial images for clinical trials.
• CTI Clinical Trial and Consulting Services (Cincinnati, OH) announced the following new hires: Mark Vogele, Senior Regulatory Specialist; Jacqueline Miefert, Senior Study Coordinator; Bonnie Graham, Clinical Safety Scientist; Michael Romes, Research Associate; Thomas Winrod, RN, Associate Director, Clinical Trials; and Paula Ulsh, RN, BSN, Associate Director, Medical and Scientific Affairs. They also announced the following promotions: Sandy Stagge to Director, Clinical Trials; Matt Hodskins to Assistant Director, Project and Proposal Management; Robert McRae to Study Manager; and Erin Kraus to Associate Study Manager.
• ReSearch Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. (Fort Washington, PA) announced that Marc Wolff has joined the organization as Chief Financial Officer.
• WuXiPRA (Shanghai and Raleigh, NC) announced that James Pusey, MD, has joined as President and General Manager.
• Chiltern International Limited (London, UK and Wilmington, NC) announced the appointment of Andrew Monaghan, PhD, as Director, Global Pharmacovigilance.
• Drug Safety Alliance, Inc., (Research Triangle Park, NC) a United Drug Company, announced the appointment of Susan Gordon, RN, MSN, to the role of Chief Executive Officer.
• Advanced Clinical (Deerfield, IL) announced the addition of Cheryle Evans, RN, Vice President, Clinical Operations to its leadership team. Evans will be responsible for strategic planning and tactile operations in project management, clinical monitoring, site activation, and document management.
• DIA (Horsham, PA) announced that Barbara Lopez Kunz has been named Global Chief Executive.
• ERT (Philadelphia, PA) announced an expansion of its executive management team. It has appointed James Corrigan as the company's Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
• Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD) (Wilmington, NC) announced it has appointed David Johnson, PhD, as Executive Vice President of Global Laboratory Services.
• Woodley Equipment Company, Ltd. (Lancashire, UK) announced the addition of Vijay Manchha as the Business Development Manager for the Clinical Trials Division.
• Crown Bioscience, Inc. (Santa Clara, CA and Nottingham, UK), a global drug discovery and development service company, announced that it has acquired the shares of Preclinical Oncology Services Limited (PRECOS), a pre-clinical research and development service provider with a specific focus on oncology.
• Litera (McLeansville, NC) announced the acquisition of AxxiTRIALS, a Clinical Trials Portal solution providing life science companies and clinical research organizations with a platform designed to dramatically speed site start-up, patient recruitment, and end-to-end clinical trial operations.
David M. Bruggeman
• Clinical Site Services International (CSSi) (Glen Burnie, MD) announced their new partnership with TruBios. The partnership aims to deliver CROs/pharma and biotech clients solutions that are focused on site performance, while also allowing CSSi to expand its site network in Latin America.
• The Biomedical Research Alliance of New York (BRANY) (New York, NY) has partnered with ViS Research to streamline feasibility assessment for clinical trials. The collaboration will help medical researchers by reducing their administrative burden related to these feasibility questionnaires while providing faster and easier start-up of the clinical trials.
• Theorem Clinical Research (King of Prussia, PA) and Emergo Group have formed a strategic relationship to provide global regulatory consulting services, including reimbursement consultation and in-country regulatory representation services, to the medical device and in vitro diagnostics community. Theorem has also announced the addition of RadMD, a medical imaging expertise company, to its roster of strategic alliances.
• HealthCarePoint (New York, NY and Austin, TX) and ViS Research announced they will connect platforms to improve cost-efficiency in clinical research. The partnership will allow clinical trial planners to quickly access clinical research professionals' personal experience and training records through the ViS platform, and give clinical research sites access to human resource management systems hosted by HealthCarePoint at no cost.
• Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD) (Wilmington, NC and Conshohocken, PA) and ePharmaSolutions announced that their strategic alliance has been recognized with a Microsoft 2013 Life Sciences Innovation Award, honoring their initiatives in integrating world-leading clinical research expertise and eClinical solutions to advance biopharmaceutical clients' research programs.
• Clinical Research Advantage (CRA) (Tempe, AZ) President and Chief Operating Officer, David M. Bruggeman, was the recipient of two Stevie Awards at the 11th annual American Business Awards. Bruggeman received the Bronze Award for "Executive of the Year" in both the Pharmaceuticals and Health Products and Services categories. CRA's CEO, Mark S. Hanley, was the recipient of a Gold Stevie Award, recognized as the "Maverick of the Year" in the Business Services category.
• Almac (Souderton, PA and Craigavon, UK) Clinical Services team was presented an award by Brent Kelly, Director of Clinical Supply Operations for Otsuka America Pharmaceutical Inc. (OAPI). Almac provided clinical supply services for OAPI's Abilify Maintena clinical trial program, supporting the approval of the once-monthly injectable treatment for schizophrenia earlier in 2013.
• CFS Clinical (Audubon, PA) has been named, for the second year in a row, one of the Best Places to Work in the Philadelphia region by Philadelphia Business Journal.
• Covance Inc. (Princeton, NJ) has been recognized by Diversity Employers (formerly Black Collegian) for a fourth consecutive year, as a Top 100 Employer in 2013. The Top 100 are selected based on a survey of the hiring plans for major national employers that recruit on college and university campuses for entry-level talent, undergraduate or graduate level.
• Theorem Clinical Research (King of Prussia, PA) established a credit facility with GE Capital, Healthcare Financial Services to fund further growth and potential acquisitions. At the end of this year's second quarter, Theorem reported a 52% increase in total backing since 2011, record revenue and EBITDA, and no long-term debt.
• IntegReview Institutional Review Board (Austin, TX) joins the Society for Clinical research Sites (SCRS) as a Global Impact Partner, a designation that includes executive-level participation on the SCRS Global Impact Board.
• CluePoints, (Cambridge, MA) provider of centralized statistical monitoring (CSM) solutions for clinical trials, announced its CSM techniques have been cited by the FDA in the recent release of the final guidance document detailing the agency's stance on the "oversight of clinical investigations."
• INC Research, LLC (Raleigh, NC) announced the establishment of INC Research Japan KK with the opening of new locations in Osaka and the Shinagawa ward in Tokyo. INC Research now has 20 offices in key locations across the Asia/Pacific region.