OR WAIT 15 SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• Upon a recent promotion, Lori Ball will now serve as the vice president of global operations, sales, and marketing for BioStorage Technologies (Indianapolis, IN), adding to her prior responsibilities: operations, logistics, sample handling and processing, and IT.
• A recent promotion has made Michael Reffeitt now the vice president of global finance and human services for BioStorage Technologies (Indianapolis, IN).
• Taking on the responsibility for the scientific services provided to BASi's (West Lafayette, IN) clients, Anthony Chilton will serve as the company's new chief operating officer.
• As the new vice president of clinical development and chief medical officer for Camargo (Cincinnati, OH), Samer "Sam" Kaba, MD, will be responsible for research services and clinical development.
• After a lengthy career at Genzyme as general manager, Willem van Weperen will now join to-BBB (Leiden, The Netherlands) as its new chief executive officer.
• Expanding its core scientific team, Velesco (Ann Arbor, MI) has added to its staff Peter Angus as the director of analytical chemistry and Lisa Crandall as senior analytical scientist.
• As Quanticate's (Cambridge, MA) new president of U.S. operations, Andrew MacGarvey will support the company's existing and new U.S. clients, and continue to direct global sales.
• With previous senior level positions in corporate development, operations management, business development, and sales under his belt, Joseph Blanchard will now serve as Aushon BioSystem's (Billerica, MA) new chief operating officer.
• Sixteen-time author Bert Spilker, a 20-year veteran of the clinical trials industry, has released his latest book, Guide to Drug Development: A Comprehensive Review and Assessment .
• Continuing toward its goal to double its staff in the next year, C-TASC (Baltimore, MD) has added three statisticians to its team: Terry Cox, MD, Zhibao Mi, and Zhaoyu Luo.
• Bringing with him more than 30 years of experience in the area of clinical trial supplies and processes, Tony Moult will now serve as the general manager of EU Operations for Bilcare GCS (Phoenixville, PA).
• Pantec (Ruggell, Liechtenstein) is expanding its Scientific Advisory Board with the addition of Rox Anderson, MD, Jean-Luc Levy, MD, and Robert Strohal, MD, all of whom will utilize their experience to strengthen the company's expertise in transdermal delivery of drugs.
• To support the expansion of its global CNS Rater Services Department, ePharmaSolutions (Conshohocken, PA) has added Marian Ormont, MD, and Theresa Bromley, to its clinical team.
• A growing customer demand for postmarket studies has led Covance (Princeton, NJ) to expand its project management and add Sandra DiGiambattista and Vanessa Castillo as project directors of clinical operations for periapproval services.
[Left to Right] Richard Ennis, Ulster Bank (awards sponsor); Martin Lamb, Almac; and Rotha Johnston, Invest NI.
• Cherie Hicks will serve as the new president and chief executive officer of CMR Institute (Roanoke, VA), where some of her new responsibilities will include implementing solutions, driving partnerships, and overseeing initiatives around innovation.
• As the new vice president of North American sales for Aushon BioSystems (Billerica, MA), Mark Schmeizl will be responsible for developing and leading the sales team in oversight of sales operations, processing, and training.
• Two software and life science industry veterans, Diane Carlson and Marina Aslanyan, have joined Sparta System's (Holmdel, NJ) executive leadership team.