OR WAIT null SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• Münster, Germany's blue inspection body, an audit service provider, added Dr. Wolfgang Heisig to its team of pharmaceutical inspectors, where he will serve as chief GMP auditor for active pharmaceutical ingredients.
Dr. Wolfgang Heisig
• Pamela Ring will oversee and manage e-meeting, medical education, and communication services for clients of MedPoint Communications (Evanston, IL) as the company's new vice president and senior director of account management. Before accepting a position with MedPoint, Ring served as senior business unit director for Discovery Chicago (Chicago, IL).
• Heather Balcarcel joined Excel Life Sciences (Chicago, IL) as director of marketing, having previously served as marketing manager for CenterWatch (Boston, MA).
• Norbert Clemens, MD, is CRS Andernach Group's (Andernach, Germany) new head of clinical development and will be based out of Mannheim, Germany.
• Having been executive chairman at Ricera Biosciences (Concord, OH) since 2006, R. Ian Lennox was recently appointed as the company's chairman of the board and chief executive officer.
• Parexel (Boston, MA) strengthened its team with a few new hires. Larry Ereshefsky and Malek Bajbouj, MD, both joined the company as vice presidents of clinical pharmacology consulting services. Ereshefsky will be based in Los Angeles, CA, while Bajbouj will work out of Berlin, Germany. Additionally, Dr. Imogene Grimes is the company's new vice president of data sciences strategic services, having served as vice president of statistics, data management, and informatics at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY).
• Stephen Johnson was promoted from OmniComm Systems' (Fort Lauderdale, FL) executive vice president of business development and professional services to his new role as chief operating officer.
• Dr. Dimitri Goundis has accepted the position of project director of clinical development for Anavex Life Sciences, based in Geneva, Switzerland. Prior to Anavex, Dr. Goundis was managing director at Speedel Experimenta (Basel, Switzerland).
• John Rogers will lead Octagon Research Solutions' (Wayne, PA) process consulting team as the director of process solutions, with nearly 30 years of life science and technology experience under his belt.
Dr. Norbert Clemens
• Having already served as one of the leaders of the Siebel Clinical group for Accenture's (New York, NY) Health and Life Sciences division, Parambir Singh recently joined BioPharm Systems (San Mateo, CA) as director of the Siebel Clinical Practice.
• Clinsys Clinical Research (Bedminster, NJ) recruited a bevy of staffers to compose the company's newly developed Therapeutically-aligned Program Strategists (TPS) teams. Linda Miller, MD, was promoted to vice president of clinical development and chief scientific officer, and will aid in the development, growth, and success of the teams. Senior Director of Clinical Development Chris Gregory—who specializes in Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and multiple sclerosis—and Director of Clinical Development Nermina Nakas, MD—who has extensive research experience in dermatology, pediatrics, and respiratory disease—will support the teams, along with Daniel Wood, senior clinical research scientist. John Oh, MD, director of clinical development, will develop TPS programs in the areas of pain, spinal cord injury, stroke, and traumatic brain injury. For more on the Clinsys TPS teams, please see Applied Clinical Trials' new CRO eNewsletter, now available on our Web site at www.appliedclinicaltrialsonline.com.
Business & Commerce Excellence Jewel Award winner Dr. Rabinder Buttar (middle) with Lloyds TSB Business Development Director Andrew Horner (left) and Asian Marketing Director Kamel Hothi.
• Ciaran Cooper is M2S's (West Lebanon, NH) new general manager of clinical trials services after being promoted from vice president of clinical trials services.
• Laurie Sterling takes on the role of chief financial officer for Clinical Resource Network (CRN; Deerfield, IL). Sterling joins CRN after leaving her position as chief financial officer of global business services for Hewitt Associates (Lincolnshire, IL).