OR WAIT 15 SECS
Emerging Contract Research Organization Gains Electronic Data Capture Capabilities to More Efficiently Capture and Process Clinical Trial Data
Redwood Shores, CA-April 13, 2009
JSS Medical Research
, a full-service contract research organization (CRO) headquartered in Montreal, has deployed Oracle® Health Sciences applications including
Oracle Remote Data Capture
Oracle Thesaurus Management System
to support its expansion plans into the global clinical trials market.
· JSS Medical Research plans to use the Oracle Health Sciences applications to support its business unit focused on clinical trial data management.
· The emerging CRO expects to launch its first Oracle Clinical-supported study this month and plans to use Oracle Clinical to manage data for all of its new studies by the end of 2009.
· JSS Medical Research offers services covering the entire spectrum of the study from conception to the dissemination of results. Its research team is comprised of clinical epidemiologists, physicians, biostatisticians, project managers and information technology experts who work together to help ensure the success of its projects.
· In order to support its strategy of expanding its presence in North America and entering the European market, JSS Medical Research required a robust, proven and highly reliable and scalable clinical data management system to replace its legacy systems that were developed in-house.
, an Oracle Certified Partner, worked with JSS Medical Research to help deploy and validate the system to comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration as well as European regulatory agency requirements.
· “This important investment in Oracle Health Sciences applications supports JSS’ commitment to offering its international pharmaceutical, biotechnology and nutraceutical clients the highest quality Phase II to IV clinical contract research services,” said Dr. John Sampalis, President, JSS Medical Research. “Oracle’s industry-leading clinical development applications will provide a solid and scalable foundation to support our expansion into the global clinical trials market.”
· “Oracle is helping forward-thinking CROs, like JSS Medical Research, in their efforts to expand operations and capitalize on the emergence of global clinical trials,” said Neil de Crescenzo, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Health Sciences. “Oracle’s industry-leading applications help CROs to build a proven data and clinical trial management foundation which enable them to accelerate insights for better health.”
Oracle in Health Sciences
Oracle Clinical Applications
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s largest business software company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.