OR WAIT 15 SECS
PAREXEL International Corporation (NASDAQ: PRXL) announced that it has introduced a new web-based technology platform for late phase clinical research to meet the expanding regulatory and commercialization needs of the biopharmaceutical industry. The platform aims to bring greater cost effectiveness to conducting large-scale studies and facilitate efficient capture of global safety and health outcomes data in a real world setting.
The solution integrates the strategies of PAREXEL’s PACE™ (Peri Approval Clinical Excellence) team with eClinical solutions from Perceptive Informatics, PAREXEL’s technology subsidiary.
“Post-approval studies have continued to expand measurably in number, size, and complexity in recent years. As a result, biopharmaceutical companies require much greater efficiency in managing the high volume throughput of data while controlling the costs related to these programs,” said Carol Collins, Ph.D., Corporate Vice President and Worldwide Head of PACE, PAREXEL International.
The platform includes many features to bring greater efficiency to late phase studies, such as:
• A streamlined user experience with single access
• An intuitive interface with functionality for site self registration and management
• Automated cues for unique late phase site requirements
• Enhanced reporting capabilities including site-based features such as investigator payment status reports
• Centralized access to data including site, patient, and clinical supply information
The platform allows for a broad range of eClinical solutions, such as Clinical Trial Management Systems (CTMS), Electronic Data Capture (EDC), Randomization and Trial Supply Management (RTSM), and Electronic Patient-Reported Outcomes (ePRO), to be incorporated in late phase studies for optimal data integration.