Marken, the clinical trial logistics operation with UPS Healthcare, has expanded its global network to support increased demand for its clinical drug supply chain services, particularly for cell and gene clinical trials. Plans for the remainder of 2021 and 2022 will support accelerated demand for mRNA therapies, cell and gene therapies, early access and managed access programs. Expansion plans include new locations, expanded cold chain services and packaging solutions.
Marken's ongoing and planned investments include:
- The addition of over 100,000 square feet of GMP-compliant depot operations in Louisville, KY, Great Valley, PA, and Seoul, South Korea.
- A new GMP depot facility in Kiev, Ukraine
- A new GDP depot facility in Osaka, Japan
- New locations in Nairobi, Kenya and Accra, Ghana
- Expansion of its kit assembly facility in Shanghai, China
- New liquid nitrogen (LN2) filling stations within each of its global cell and gene centers of excellence
- Infrastructure expansion at its facilities in Belgium, France, South Africa, India, Taiwan, China, and Singapore
- Packaging and technology enhancements for real-time location tracking and temperature monitoring of cell and gene therapy shipments
This new control center, combined with the existing control center in Durham, NC, US, will support 24/7/365 global monitoring of all complex shipments, including cell and gene shipments.
UPS Healthcare Expands Global Cold Chain Logistics Network