OR WAIT 15 SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• DAC Patient Recruitment Services (Dallas, TX) announced that Diana Anderson, PhD, will transition from her role as President to that of Patient Recruitment Consultant to the company she founded 20 years ago.
• Biomedical Systems,(St. Louis, MO) a global provider of digital medical imaging technologies and centralized diagnostic services, has named Joseph A. Pierro, MD, its chief medical officer for Biomedical's North American operations. In his role, Pierro and his team will advise clients on their clinical trial protocols, supporting studies conducted in the fields of cardiology, oncology, imaging, and pulmonology.
Joseph A. Pierro, MD
• Chiltern International Limited, (London, UK) a global contract research organization, announced that Dieter Seitz-Tutter, PhD, and Alexandra Adams, PhD, have joined Chiltern.
• Copernicus Group IRB, (Research Triangle Park, NC) an independent institutional review board, announced the promotion of Yvonne Higgins to Vice President, Quality Management. In addition to her promotion, Higgins has been appointed as CGIRB's Institutional Official.
• ICONplc, (Dublin, Ireland) a global provider of outsourced development services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries, announced leadership appointments to its Asia Pacific and Latin American teams. Wei Ming Goh has been appointed Vice President, Asia Pacific, and Dennis Hurley, PhD, has been appointed Vice President, Latin America.
• RadSite, (Houston, TX) certification and accreditation agency for imaging quality, announced two new additions. Eliot Siegel, MD, has joined the team as Chief Quality Officer. Siegel will help oversee and promote the integrity of all quality-based programs and research initiatives for RadSite. Bruce Reiner, MD, a board certified radiologist, has also joined the team as Director of Accreditation. Reiner will help ensure RadSite's quality-benchmarking program conforms to current best practice standards.
• Chiltern International Limited, (London, UK) announced a succession of Chief Executive Officer, with Glenn Kerkhof stepping down and Jim Esinhart, PhD appointed.
• PharmaNet/i3, (Princeton, NJ) inVentiv Health's clinical segment, announced that Jamil Hantash, MSc, MBA, has joined the company as the Director of Immunochemistry Operations at the Princeton bioanalytical laboratory.
• AIT Bioscience, (Indianapolis, IN) announced that Ron Bowsher, PhD, has partnered with the company as a Senior Research Advisor bringing with him a background in biotherapeutic drug research in both traditional pharmaceutical and the CRO industries.
• Advanced Clinical, (Deerfield, IL) provider of clinical research solutions, announced additions to its leadership team: Susan Seroskie, RN, has been hired as Executive Vice President, Strategic Resourcing; and Susan Paulson, PhD, has been hired as Executive Director, Clinical Pharmacology and Nonclinical Development.
• Clinlogix, (Spring House, PA) a clinical research organization, brought Julie McCusker, RpH, onboard as Senior Director, Safety Services.
• Comprehend Systems, (Palo Alto, CA) has named Rich Enz as Vice President of Quality Assurance to support the development of pioneering cloud-based analytics tools.
• CTI Clinical Trial and Consulting Services (Cincinnati, OH) announced the following new hires: Betina Dellarossa, MD, has joined CTI Latin America as Manager, Business Development; Els Roggeman has joined as Clinical Project Manager Europe in Belgium; Julia HÖchst has joined as Clinical Trial Assistant in Germany; Michelle Schutz has joined Clinical Research Associate in Germany; Nathalie Minasian, PhD, has joined as Clinical Project Manager Europe in France; Adenike Igoh has joined Clinical Project Manager in United Kingdom. CTI also promoted Emily Wiggins to Human Resource Generalist.
• PHT Corporation (Boston, MA and Geneva, Switzerland) announced Susan Dallabrida, PhD, has joined as Senior Scientific Advisor in PHT Consulting Services.
• Advanced Clinical (Deerfield, IL) announced that Melissa Lamb, Director of Data Management, has been named to the Board of Trustees for the Society for Clinical Data Management.
• Medidata Solutions (New York, NY) announced that Eileen Schloss, human resources and business administration executive, has been named Executive Vice President of Human Resources.
• CRA Holdings, LLC, (Tempe, AZ) announced that it has acquired Radiant Research, Inc. CRA Holdings also owns Clinical Research Advantage (CRA), another major player in the SMO market. By combining these two entities under the same investment portfolio, the organizations collectively have 57 sites with more than 550 research professionals and a plan for growth.
• SpringFire Laboratory Network, (Austin, TX) announced the addition of ReproSource Fertility Diagnostics of Boston to its network of affiliate laboratories, which provides specialized testing services to clinical trial sponsors and clinical research organizations.
• Clinical Research Management (ClinicalRM), (Hinckley, OH) a full-service CRO providing services for basic and applied research, clinical trials, and regulatory support, announced it will support prime Ke`aki Technologies, LLC with its award of CIO-SP3 contacts for both Small Business and Small Disadvantaged Business categories.
• BioClinica, Inc., (Newton, PA) a global provider of clinical trial management solutions, today announced that TauRx Therapeutics has signed agreements with BioClinica to use Trident IWR/IVR and Imaging Core Lab (ICL) solutions to support its upcoming Phase III clinical trials.
• Clinical Research Advantage, (Tempe, AZ) Vice President, Kim Kundert, RN, BSN, CCRC, has been named as a finalist in the Female Executives of the Year category in the 9th annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business. The awards honor women executives, entrepreneurs, and the companies they run—worldwide.
• OmniComm Systems, Inc., (Fort Lauderdale, FL) announced that its TrialMaster Study Data Tabulation Model Export Utility won the Bronze medal at the 2012 Society for Clinical Data Management's 2012 Data Driven Innovation Award Ceremony.
• ERT (Philadelphia, PA) announced it has been named the Life Sciences Company of the Year by the Pittsburgh Technology Council's Tech 50 Awards Program. ERT received the award based on the successes and innovations demonstrated by invivodata, Inc., which was acquired by ERT in July 2012.
• Quotient Bioresearch, (Cambridgeshire, UK) provider of early stage and specialist drug development services, has been presented with three awards at the East Cambridgeshire Business Awards. Quotient won awards in both categories they were finalists for; Michael van der Merwe, PhD, Associate Director of Business Development won Business Person of the Year, and the company won Employer of the Year. The Awards also saw Quotient receive the Business of the Year award for the second consecutive year.
• The Advanced Group (Chicago, IL) has been recognized by the Chicago Tribune as one of the Top Workplaces to work in the Chicago metropolitan area for the third consecutive year. Advanced is the only staffing organization to make the Top Workplaces list.
• Quintiles (Research Triangle Park, NC) has been recognized as one of the World's Best Multinational Workplaces by the Great Place to Work Institute, finishing 23rd on the list. The ranking is the world's largest annual study of workplace excellence and identifies the top-25 best multinationals in terms of workplace culture. This is Quintiles' second appearance on the list.
• ACM Global Central Lab, (Rochester, NY) has expanded its clinical trials services with the introduction of Drug-Induced Organ Toxicity (DIOT) Monitoring. The DIOT Monitoring program provides trending reports for any conventional biomarkers tested, which is tailored to client requirements.
• OmniComm Systems, Inc., (Fort Lauderdale, FL) announced its inclusion in Software Magazine's "Software 500" ranking of the world's largest software companies in 2012. The annual "Software 500" is a revenue-based ranking of the world's largest software and services suppliers and includes revenue from software licenses, maintenance and support, training, and software-related services and consulting.
• LabConnect, LLC, (Seattle, WA) launched its new service, Scientific Operations Support (SciOps), to offer functional outsourcing services to the pharmaceutical research industry.
• ArisGlobal, (Stamford, CT) a provider of software solutions to the life science industry, announced the availability of Total Clinical 3.0, offering additional enhancements to its integrated eClinical platform.
• WorldCare Clinical, LLC (WCC), (Boston, MA) an imaging CRO focused on maximizing the precision and accuracy of independent assessments in clinical trials, announced new locations in Brazil, Dubai, Poland, Spain, and Singapore.