OR WAIT 15 SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• Clinical Trials of America (Eugene, OR) has opened a new Seattle site and named Kathy Hendricks as its site manager.
• Bringing with him more than 25 years experience in clinical trial planning, Ron Kershner has been appointed Global Head of Clinical Reporting at Novella Clinical (Research Triangle Park, NC).
• ACM Global Central Lab (Rochester, NY) has made several changes to its team with the additions of Angela Panzarella as President, Mary Williamson, PhD, as Director of Laboratory Operations, and Andrew Bascom as Director of Data Management and Clinical Systems. The company has also promoted Tracy Hendershott to Vice President, Clinical Trials Global Operations, and Brian Clark to Senior Business Development Director, North America.
• WorldCare Clinical (Boston, MA) has promoted Richard Walovitch, PhD, from Chief Medical Officer to President, and Xiaozhou Ma, MD, has joined as Associate Director of Quantification and 3D Imaging.
Richard Walovitch, PhD
• With more than 20 years of experience with the drug development industry, David J. Browne has joined Unilabs YBS (York, UK) as Business Development Manager.
• Premier Research Group (Philadelphia, PA) has appointed Charlene Sanders, MD, to the position of Vice President, Global Regulatory Affairs and Pediatric Strategic Consulting and appointed Christopher Codeanne to Chief Financial Officer.
• DaVita Clinical Research Laboratory Services, SM Division (Minneapolis, MN) has promoted Kevin J. Goudreau to Vice President of Development.
• TranScrip Partners (Reading, UK) has made several additions to the company including Julia Lloyd-Parks and Mark Watling as senior partners.
• PharmaNet Development Group (Princeton, NJ) has hired Chris Beaver, PhD, as Director, Immunochemistry Services, as well as Catherine Derasp, as Vice President, Clinical Operations, of the company's Phase I clinics.
• After working at Praxis (Lake Forest, IL) since 2002, Kevin J. Wysocki has accepted an invitation to become a partner at the firm.
• PPD (Wilmington, NC) has appointed Elena Logan as Senior Vice President of Global Central Labs.
• Lifetree Center for Neuroscience Research (Salt Lake City, UT) has appointed Miroslav Backonja, MD, as Medical Director.
• CTI Clinical Trial and Consulting Services (Blue Ash, OH) recently promoted Ranjana Iyer to Clinical Safety Scientist.
Jonathan Trethowan, Director of TRAC, a Cornish regulatory affairs company, won the Inspiration Award at the TOPRA Symposium held in London after being nominated by TRAC Regulatory Affairs Executive, Lisa Pascoe.