OR WAIT 15 SECS
Volume 21, Issue 1
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• Datatrial (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK), a boutique clinical data management organization, has announced Chief Operating Officer Emma Banks, PhD, as its new CEO, replacing Adam Black. Black will move from CEO to Non-Executive Director of the company.
Emma Banks, PhD
• Premier Research Group (London, UK) has appointed Tilly Beazeley to the position of Senior Director, Business Development, covering the United Kingdom and Scandinavia.
• With more than 25 years of experience in key management positions with multinational and domestic firms, Kaushik Desai has accepted a position with DIA (Mumbai, India) as Director of DIA India.
• Robert Soto has been hired as Vice President, Sales and Marketing, at Stiris Research (London, Ontario), where he will be responsible for enhancing the Stiris brand through its sales and marketing efforts.
• CTI Clinical Trial and Consulting Services (Cincinnati, OH) had welcomed John R. Edwards, MD, as Medical Director, to its team. Edwards brings with him extensive clinical experience in hematology, oncology, and stem cell therapy.
• Under its new name PPH plus, PharmaProjekthaus, has made several changes to its team. Johanna Schenk, MD, co-founder of PharmaProjekthaus GmbH & Co. KG, has taken on the role of Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer. Peter Klöpel, MD, Director of Consulting Services, and Petra Weissenberger, MD, Head of Medical Services, form the rest of the company's management team.
• Novella Clinical (Research Triangle Park, NC) has appointed Catherine A. Tyner as Executive Director, Oversight Group Management.
• With over 15 years of extensive experience in selection and integration of cognitive testing into drug development programs, John Harrison, PhD, has accepted an appointment as Scientific Consultant at CRF Health (Plymouth Meeting, PA).
• Advanced Clinical (Deerfield, IL) has hired Ami DeBoer as Director of Recruiting.
• The European Medicines Agency's (London, UK) Management Board formally appointed Guido Rasi as the new Executive Director of the Agency.
• Synexus (Lancashire, UK) has announced that Alan Pilgrim will join the board as Chairman. Alan has extensive healthcare experience, having recently retired as Group Chief Executive Officer of Alliance Medical.
• ICON (Dublin, Ireland) has appointed Colin Stanley as President of DOCS, the company's global resourcing division. Stanley succeeds Bill Taaffe as President following his retirement earlier this year.
Quintiles was honored as a top multinational employer by the Great Place to Work Institute. Quintiles staff were recognized at a gala in New York City. The 25 companies chosen were selected from more than 350 multinational companies in 45 countries.