OR WAIT null SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• Michael Lytton, Biogen Idec's former EVP of Corporate and Business Development, was appointed as EVP of Corporate Development and Strategy and General Counsel at Patheon (Research Triangle Park, NC), a global provider of contract development and manufacturing services to the global pharmaceutical industry.
• Copernicus Group IRB (Research Triangle Park, NC) has appointed Yvonne Higgins as the newest addition to the senior management team as Director, Quality Management.
• Bringing with him more than 25 years of experience in all operational aspects of clinical trial planning, execution, and delivery, Ronald Kershner, PhD, was named Premier Research Group's (Philadelphia, PA) Vice President, Biostatistics and Data Operations for North America.
Ronald Kershner, PhD
• ICON has appointed Elizabeth Thomas as Vice President and General Manager of ICON's Bioanalytical Operations in Manchester, UK.
• The European CRO Federation (Rome, Italy) has elected a new executive board for a two-year term and includes Stefano Marini, MD (Italy), President; Dagmar Chase, PhD (Germany), Vice-President; Ana Jurczynska, PhD (Spain), Treasurer; Tanja Hoffman (The Netherlands), Secretary; and Hubert Mechin, MD (France), Board Member.
• Craig Lipset has been appointed Pfizer's (College-viille, PA) Head of Clinical Innovation where he will work across Development Operations' stakeholders to help define Pfizer's vision for the future of clinical trials.
• Almac's (Craigavon, Northern Ireland) Clinical Technologies business unit announced that Todd Kole has joined the company as Vice President of Clinical Project Services and as a member of the Executive Leadership Team where he will oversee clinical project management and drug supply services globally.
• Succeeding Gerard Barba, Wesley P. Wheeler was selected as Chief Executive Officer for Marken (London, UK). Barba will remain the Chairman of the Marken Board of Directors.
• Novella Clinical (Research Triangle Park, NC) has hired Nick Dyer as Executive Vice President, Global Business Development.
• Synexus (Manchester, England) has appointed Alison Martin as Vice President, International Projects.
• TAKE Solutions (Princeton, NJ) has strengthened its leadership team with the addition of two new executives including Matt Walker as Executive Vice President of Supply Chain Business, and Mike Lewis as Vice President of Sales.
• John Larson has joined CRF Health (Plymouth Meeting, PA) as Chief Operating Officer. In this role, Larson will be responsible for global operations and lead the client services, logistics and help desk functions.
• With over 14 years of experience in developing and directing a variety of drug and device development programs, Harman Dubé has been selected as Vice President of Ockham's (Cary, NC) Pre-Clinical and Regulatory Affairs group within the OckhamCRO division.