John Amatruda, MD
• With more than 20 years of experience in the pharma industry, George Köllner has joined contract research provider Syntagon's (Södertälje, Sweden) quality assurance and regulatory team where he will oversee GMP projects.
• Chiltern International (London, UK) announced that Marcelo Piccirillo, MD, and Carlo Lanza, MD, have joined the company, bringing their expertise in the areas of gastroenterology, oncology, and pediatrics to serve clients' needs.
Carlo Lanza, MD
• Clinipace Worldwide (Zurich, Switzerland) has appointed Jürgen Frisch, MD, to Chief Medical Officer of European Operations.
JÃ¼rgen Frisch, MD
• Clinical Site Services (Glen Burnie, MD) has made several new additions including Peter Zalewski as Director of Visual Communications, Nicole Giles as Site Support Specialist, and Kristina Astle as Marketing Associate.
• RadSite (Houston, TX) has named three new members to its advisory board including Anthony Defrance, MD, Clinical Associate Professor, Stanford University, Director of Cardiology, HealthHelp, Medical Director for the CVCTA Education Center, and Director of Cardiovascular Imaging at Nevada Imaging Centers; David Levin, MD, former Chair of Radiology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, faculty appointments and leadership roles at the New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, Downstate Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, and Brigham and Women's Hospital; and Jon Shanser, MD, Diagnostic Radiologist at Reno Diagnostic Center; former Chairman of the ACR Coding & Nomenclature Committee and its Regulatory Compliance Task Force, former President of the CRS, and current Executive Committee Member.
• CTI Clinical Trial and Consulting Services (Cincinnati, OH) has made several new hires and promotions including Therese Swaisgood as a Clinical Coding Specialist, and Katelyn Westerkamp and Michel Conner both as Research Associates. Recently promoted are Stephanie Makepeace to Senior Project Manager and Medical Writer, Mike Montani to Senior Project Manager, and Robert McRae to Study Coordinator.
• Premier Research Group (Philadelphia, PA) has hired Sean Russell to the position of Vice President, Marketing, where he will have global responsibility for leading and developing global marketing.
• Following a career with increasing levels of responsibility in finance for several successful, global public companies, Stuart Grant has been appointed Patheon's (Toronto, CA) Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer.
• Y-Prime Technologies (Malvern, PA), a provider of clinical trial management consulting services and software solutions, has named Dave Espenshade Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
•Bringing with him over 28 years of leadership experience in oncology R&D, Preclinical Oncology Services (Nottingham, UK) has appointed Martin Page, PhD, as Scientific Consultant.
- Mindprint (Toronto, Canada) and ethica Clinical Research (Montreal, Canada) announced the successful implementation of an enterprise resource planning system for managing all pre-sales, operations, and finance related processes for ethica Clinical Research Inc.
- invivodata (Pittsburgh, PA) announced that DiaryPRO®, its field-based electronic clinical outcome assessment solution, captured the primary efficacy data in the pivotal studies that led to INSYS Therapeutics' successful new drug application for SUBSYS® fentanyl sublingual spray.
- To improve the assessment of how cancer patients are responding to investigational therapies in clinical trials, MEDIAN Technologies (Sophia Antipolis, France) announced a strategic agreement with Quintiles (Durham, NC) to offer advanced integrated image services to biopharmaceutical customers worldwide.
- Co-founder and chief of invivodata (Pittsburgh, PA) Saul Shiffman, PhD, has been recognized by the Carnegie Science Center as an honorable mention in the Entrepreneur Category of its 2012 Carnegie Science Awards.
- Clinical Research Advantage (Tempe, AZ) has been selected among az magazine's top 25 workplaces for women.
- ClinACE Contract Research (Mumbai, India) has begun clinical research of medical devices. It has commenced working on a CE (European Conformity) mark registration trial for a coronary stent device.
- Almac has doubled its analytical capacity at its 240,000 sq. ft. North American headquarters in Souderton, PA.
- Medical Research Network (Buckinhamshire, UK), a clinical trial support organization that offers home trial, site nurse, recruitment, and retention support, has launched a new web-based training program for nursing teams.
- WorldCare Clinical (Boston, MA) has introduced a new service offering that supports expert readers in a timely manner to complete cardiovascular endpoint committee reviews quickly and cost-effectively. The new service offering includes upload of narratives and clinical data by sponsor/CRO via WorldPRO; the ability for sites to upload imaging and other supportive information for review and analysis, if applicable; review of consolidated subject data by external MD to confirm need for assessment and complete QC; and organization of data into an easy-to-access format for FDA audit.
- ERT (Philadelphia, PA) has launched a new corporate website to further elevate its market and thought leadership position available at www.ert.com.
- Ellen Morgan, former Co-Founder, President, and CEO of Synteract, has launched a non-profit contract research organization, Public Health Alliance for Clinical Trials (PHACT) (Carlsbad, CA) with two co-founders Christian Sacher and Yaw Asare-Aboagye. PHACT is conducting clinical trials for biotech and pharmaceutical products to treat diseases disproportionately affecting the poorest people in developing countries.
- clinicalRSVP.com (Fort Lauderdale, FL), the participant registry that prevents research volunteers from enrolling in overlapping and concurrent research studies, announced that all seven sites making up the original clinicalRSVP user network, have agreed to extend their commitment to the clinicalRSVP network through 2012 and beyond.
- Ockham (Cary, NC), a global full-service contract research organization with a focus in oncology, has completed the acquisition of Nexus Oncology. The transaction also provides Ockham with an institutional investment partner.
- CROMSOURCE (Verona, Italy), an international full service contract research organization, has completed a private-public deal with Centro Ricerche Cliniche di Verona (CRC), a modern early phase clinical research unit, founded in 2005. The CRC is located in Verona and is now under state and CROMSOURCE ownership.
- Aptuit (Greenwich, CT) announced the completion of the sale of the Clinical Trials Supply business to Catalent Pharma Solutions.
- Clinical Financial Services (Philadelphia, PA), a specialty service provider focused on the business and financial management activities for clinical trials, has expanded its global presence by opening a new office in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Impact Corelab (Sacramento, CA) has completed its new corporate headquarters suite in Sacramento, where the company plans to move staff and operations, which adjoins the offices of Radiological Associates of Sacramento. The move is expected to enable a high degree of strategic collaboration between the two firms.
- DaVita Clinical Research (Denver, CO) announced an agreement to enter the St. Anthony Hospital campus in Lakewood, CO. The 80-bed facility will be operational in early 2012 and is expected to create more than 50 specialized research jobs.