OR WAIT null SECS
Summary should read: Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
Michael D. Barron
• Filling the role of Director of Business Development at Eurofins AvTech (Portage, MI), Michael D. Barron will develop contacts and build relationships with current and potential clients.
Lee E. Babiss, PhD
• With 21 years of experience in developing and leading research and development laboratories, Lee E. Babiss, PhD, was chosen to become PPD's (Wilmington, NC) Executive Vice President of Global Laboratory Services.
•Bringing with her more than 15 years experience in patient recruitment, Ann Kottcamp will take on the role of MMG's (Rockville, MD) Vice President/Senior Strategist of the central nervous system and mental health therapeutic areas.
George A. McMillan
•Working with financial management strategies and productivity improvement initiatives, George A. McMillan will use his past experiences in his new position as Chief Financial Officer at PharmaNet Development Group (Princeton, NJ).
•Previously contributing to Quintiles' (Research Triangle Park, NC) expansion of IT capabilities in India, Lalit Pai will now serve as Senior Vice President of Quintiles Global Data Management.
• Hans Forssberg has joined the New Karolinska Solna University Hospital Administration (Stockholm, Sweden) in order to develop organizational structures that integrate research and education with health care.
Michelle Middle, Corporate Vice President and Worldwide Head of Early Phase, PAREXEL International, outside the new early phase unit at the ribbon cutting ceremony in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
• Biotec Services International (Bridgend, UK) has made several additions to its team, including the appointments of Susanne Turner as Business Development Manager and Marina Rees and Julia Keane as Project Managers.
• Former CEO of Biacore, Ulf Jönsson, has joined PharmaDiagnostics (Brussels, Belgium) as Non-Executive Director.
• SAFE-BioPharma Association (Ft. Lee, NJ) named Kay Bross Program Director, Member and Vendor Relations, where she will build and manage relationships with the association's member and vendor-partner communities.
• Overseeing trials conducted in India and building the infrastructure and team throughout Asia, Nandan Rao will be ACM Global Central Laboratory's (Rochester, NY) General Manager, Asia Pacific.
• To conduct and support early phase radiolabelled studies, Chiltern (Berkshire, UK) and Charles River (Wilmington, MA) have formed an alliance.
• Researching the characteristics of PEGylated peptides as novel therapeutics, Zealand Pharma (Glostrup, Denmark) and PolyTherics (London, UK) have entered into a research collaboration.
• An alliance between invivodata (Pittsburgh, PA) and INC Research (Raleigh, NC) allows the former to provide its ePRO solutions and services as a component of INC's portfolio.
• Gaining access to other members' data management systems and collection tools, Congenix (Moscow, Russia) has joined Health Decisions' (Durham, NC) Agile Clinical Network.
• Strengthening the Certified Partner Program, BioClinica (Newtown, PA) has entered into strategic partnerships with Health Sciences International (Old Saybrook, CT) and PRL Central Laboratory Services (Overland Park, KS).
• Virtify (Cambridge, MA) and IMS Health (Norwalk, CT) have formed an alliance to deliver Enterprise Content Compliance solutions to the European market.
• In order to integrate stroke-telemedicine data into the American Heart Association's Get With the Guidelines Stroke program, Outcome (Cambridge, MA) and REACH Call (Augusta, GA) have formed a partnership.
• PPD (Wilmington, NC) and Southern Research Institute (Birmingham, AL) have entered into a collaborative agreement to research pandemic and seasonal influenza vaccines.
• CEDRA (Austin, TX) has purchased the GYrolab (Uppsala, Sweden) xP workstation for use in bioanalytical research.
• Entering into a long-term collaboration, 4-Antibody (Basel, Switzerland) will work to discover and develop fully human therapeutic antibodies against novel targets nominated by Boehringer Ingelheim (Ingelheim am Rhein, Germany), and will receive payments of up to €177 million ($243 million USD) from Boehringer Ingelheim upon achievement of clinical development milestones.
• Recognizing 30 companies at the stage of growth where financial potential, concept, and management have been established, Wisconsin Entrepreneurs' Network honored PercipEnz Technologies (Madison, WI) as one of the 2010 "Wisconsin Companies to Watch."
• Receiving positive feedback from the FDA, Evotec (Hamburg, Germany) announced positive progress in product development in treatment resistant depression in its strategic alliance with Roche (Basel, Switzerland).
• Using 100% renewable energy, BioStorage Technologies' (Indianapolis, IN) biorepository near Frankfurt received green certification from ENTEGA Vertrieb.
• A new blog focused on the topics of Management, Innovation, Leadership, and Knowledge (MILK) was launched by Octagon (Wayne, PA).
• Sentrx (Little Falls, NJ) launched a new Web site that provides more safety-related services as well as direct connections to pharmacoviligance experts and leaders.
• Developing immunotherapies to prevent cancers caused by HPV, BT Pharma (Toulouse, France) has raised $17.7 million in funding and has changed its name to Genticel.
• Helping to develop alternatives to animal testing for allergen studies, Lund University is using Qlucore's (Lund, Sweden) data analysis software, Omics Explorer, in its studies.
• Allowing higher yields for future industrial batches, Hybrigenics (Paris, France) has filed a new patent application for high-yield inecalcitol production.
• Ricerca Biosciences (Concrod, OH) finalized its acquisition of the Discovery and Preclinical business of MDS Pharma Services with facilities in Bothell, Washington; Lyon, France; and Taipei, Taiwan.
• The opening of a new early phase unit in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, will help to strengthen Parexel's (Boston, MA) global presence.
• Helping to meet client demand in Europe, PPD (Wilmington, NC) opened a new contract research facility in Athlone, Ireland.
• Expanding globally, Chiltern (Berkshire, UK) has opened a new office in Argentina.
• Introducing a new electronic data capture technology platform that allows customers to build their own studies, MedNet Solutions (Minnetonka, MN) has launched iMedNet.
• Bringing together clinical trial management function with OmniComm's TrialMaster EDC solution in a single database, OmniComm (Fort Lauderdale, FL) has launched a REST, Web services, API based on extended CDISC ODM dataset, OmniConnect.
• Improving clinical trial supply planning by allowing customers to plan and analyze clinical supply chains programmatically, BioClinica (Newtown, PA) has introduced Optimizer.
• Providing greater visibility and control over clinical trial costs for smaller biopharma companies, ClearTrial (Chicago, IL) launched the Study Costing and Optimization Service.
• Offering centralized data management, reporting, and financial tracking, CRL (Lenexa, KS) Global Services is now providing clients an integrated structure to support global clinical trials.
• Presenting a new approach to ECG management in clinical trials, ERT (Philadelphia, PA) launched Centralized Cardiac Safety 2.0.
• Aiming to transform temperature-controlled shipment monitoring in clinical trials, Almac (Durham, NC) has added a Web-based Shipping Temperature Electronic Monitoring System to its services.
• With the aim to give clients the ability to better correlate morphology data against processing parameters such as flowability, active area, or grinding efficiency, Melbourn Scientific (Hertfordshire, UK) now offers Malvern's image processing technology, Morphologi G3.