OR WAIT 15 SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• Matthew Jones, who previously served as MDS Pharma Services' (King of Prussia, PA) director of business development–early clinical research, received a promotion to vice president, business development–drug safety assessment (DSA), and will also have spots on the business development leadership team and the DSA management team.
• ClearTrial (Westmont, IL) found a new senior director of clinical services, Eastern region: Deirdre BeVard.
• MedPoint Communications (Evanston, IL) hired Mark Hutson as director of business development. Huston previously held the same position with i3 Statprobe (Ann Arbor, MI) and MDS Pharma Services (King of Prussia, PA).
• Susan Garfield will lead Bridgehead International's (Leicestershire, UK) Boston, MA, office as vice president, Bridgehead USA. Formerly, Garfield was director of global reimbursement, policy, and economic strategy at Qiagen (Venlo, The Netherlands).
• Icon (Dublin, Ireland) announced a number of additions to the company. Joining Icon Central Laboratories are Dr. Alamelu Chandrasekaran and Dr. Tom McCloskey as manager of molecular diagnostics and associate director of cellular immunology, research and development, respectively. Additionally, the company's new additions to the pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, modeling, and simulation services area are Dr. Nidal Al-Hunti, principal scientist; Dr. Robert Bauer, vice president of pharmacometrics; Dr. Ekaterina Gibiansky, senior director of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, modeling, and simulation; and Dr. Roger Toothaker, global vice president of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, modeling, and simulation.
• Having been senior vice president with Scorr Marketing (Kearney, NE) since 2006, Angela Thorell was recently named partner.
• As part of a restructure of Synexus' (Lancashire, UK) global client services division, the company promoted three of its employees. Wendy Baird will take on the role of global contracts manager, Rachael Buck assumes the title of senior project manager, and Claire Jackson is the new senior feasibility manager.
• David Gill will serve on INC Research's (Raleigh, NC) Board of Directors and was also selected as the chairman of the INC Research Audit Committee. Furthermore, Procyon Technologies' (Chicago, IL) Cofounder and Chairman William Hall will serve on INC's Board of Directors as well.
• Datatrak International (Cleveland, OH) announced a few employment changes. Laurence Birch, president and chief executive officer of Neopharm (Lake Bluff, IL), was elected the company's new chairman of the board; Matt Delaney assumes the role of interim president; and the position of chief operating office has been eliminated.
• Anthony Faragasso, MD, is Premier Research Group's (Philadelphia, PA) new executive director and global head of medicinal management and safety. Prior to joining Premier Research Group, he established and managed a safety department at Adolor Corporation (Exton, PA).
• Bruce Cheson and Malik Juweid both recently joined Synarc (San Francisco, CA). Cheson is now a member of Synarc's Oncology Scientific Advisory Committee, and Juweid is the company's medical director, PET CT. The two men have previously worked together on a critically acclaimed New England Journal of Medicine article on the role of PET in cancer treatments, and they also collaborated on a PET-related paper for Blood journal.
• Thomas Wells will drive technology operations for OmniComm Systems (Fort Lauderdale, FL). He previously worked as director of research and development informatics at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).
• Healthcare Technology Systems (Madison, WI) welcomed Alan Gelenberg, MD, as the company's new president and chief executive officer. Gelenberg also serves as editor-in-chief of the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry and is the founding author of Biological Therapies in Psychiatry Newsletter.
• Patricia Williams assumes the newly created role of vice president, commercial operations, for Kendle (Cincinnati, OH). She will be based out of Crowthorne, UK, at the company's European headquarters.
• Ravensburg, Germany-based Vetter has selected Peter Soelkner to head up various new divisions and will be responsible for global key account management, corporate marketing, project management, and supply chain management.
• Sylvain Mandeville is Ricerca Biosciences' (Concord, OH) new director of bioanalytical services.