OR WAIT null SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• Melynda Geurts, chief operating officer of D.L. Anderson (Dallas, TX), and Roy Fleischmann, MD, medical director of Metroplex Clinical Research Center (Dallas, TX), have both been elected as the newest members of D.L. Anderson's Board of Directors.
• After serving as head of preclinical development for Medigene AG (Munich, Germany) for the last nine years, Ulrich Moebius will now take on the position of head of preclinical development and project management at MorphoSys (Munich, Germany).
• The role of business development executive at Penn Pharma's (Wilmington, DE) North American location will be filled by James Knapp, who joins the company after a seven-year tenure at Almac (Craigavon, UK).
• Formerly holding senior positions in professional services and implementation management, William Broucek will now serve in the newly developed position of senior director, professional services, at Velos (Fremont, CA).
• With more than 20 years experience in virology drug development, Sharon Lynn Benoit will now serve as INC Research's (Raleigh, NC) principal strategist of Infectious Disease.
• Applied Clinical Trial's Editorial Advisory Board member and executive director of the Good Clinical Practice Alliance, Europe, Francis P. Crawley, has been selected as the chairman of ICR's (Bourne End, UK) annual spring conference and exhibition working party.
• Of the 12 nominees for this year's European Inventor of the Year award, four come from the pharmaceutical arena: Jurg Zimmermann of Switzerland, Brian Druker of the United States, Yiqing Zhou and his team from China, and Germany's Maria-Regina Kula.