OR WAIT null SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession
• Currently a member of BARQA and the Institute of Clinical Research, Gráinne Forrest will now serve as the head of quality assurance at Clintec's (Glasgow, UK) Glasgow-based headquarters, where she will manage the global quality assurance team and further develop and deliver a quality strategy for the company.
• Being recognized for her services to the pharmaceutical industry for the past 20 years, Annette Doherty, PhD, the senior vice president and head of worldwide pharmaceutical sciences for Pfizer (New York, NY) has been made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire in the Queen's Birthday Honors celebrations.
• Karen Bateman will bring with her quality assurance background in both pharmaceutical manufacturing and R&D to her new position as head of quality assurance for LCG Bioscience (Cambridgeshire, UK).
• The Vice President of Clinical Data Management and Regulatory Operations for BioClinica's (Newtown, PA) eClinical Service Division, Jonathan Andrus, has been elected as the Drug Information Association North American Special Interest Area Communities eClinical Chair.
• Bringing with him more than 25 years of experience in the areas of scientific computing, biostatistics, bioinformatics, programming, and global data management, Monte Jarvis will oversee Covance's (Princeton, NJ) data management and biostatistics for Phase IIIb/IV clinical trials, patient registries, and observational studies as he serves as the new vice president of global data management and biostatistics for peri-approval services.
• Previously the senior director in clinical research operations specializing in patient recruitment at Merck & Co. (Whitehouse Station, NJ), Lars-Olof Eriksson, PhD, is now serving as the vice president of Parexel's (Boston) Start-up and Accelerated Recruitment Team (START).
• Being an accomplished senior executive and having developed several life sciences companies throughout his career, Hervé de Kergrohen, MD, will now serve as the new chief executive officer and director of Anavex Life Sciences (Geneva, Switzerland).
• Joining MMG (Rockville, MD) as the new Senior Strategist and Vice President of General Medicine, Nikki Fink will utilize over 10 years of provider and sponsor experience designing and directing patient recruitment programs.
• Now leading the customer delivery group as the Chief Operating Officer, John Jordan will be responsible for global operations within the services branch of CRF Health (Lansdale, PA).
• Upon the opening of a new office in Brussels, Chiltern (London, UK) has appointed Maurizio Passinisi as the new country manager for Belgium and The Netherlands.
• As the new Senior Vice President of Neuropsychiatry to INC Research's (Raleigh, NC) Central Nervous System team, Tom Zoda, PhD, will be responsible for providing senior level oversight of all psychiatry and neurology projects on a global basis.
The Institute of Clinical Research's Education Manager Sue Fitzpatrick shaking the hand of Abdullah Aljoudi, MD, after he completes one of the organization's clinical trial courses recently made available in Saudi Arabia.