OR WAIT null SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• ERT (Philadelphia, PA) has appointed Robert Kleiman, MD, to the role of Chief Medical Officer in addition to his current role as Vice President of Global Cardiology.
Robert Kleiman, MD
• Eman Albazzaz has been hired as Executive Director of Regulatory Affairs at Advanced Clinical (Deerfield, IL) to lead the company's regulatory and pharmacovigilance efforts.
• Joel Posener, MD, has joined PharmaNet (Princeton, NJ) as Executive Medical Director, Neuroscience. The company has also appointed George Scott, PhD, as Vice President, Bioanalytical Services.
Joel Posener, MD
• Cmed Group (Horsham, UK) has announced that Neil Rotherham, MD, co-founder of ClinPhone, will join its Board of Directors.
• Bringing with him more than 30 years of experience in preclinical safety, and testing, Paul C. Barrow has joined CiToxLAB (Evreux, France) as Director of Scientific Projects and Client Consulting.
• INC Research (Raleigh, NC) has hired Chris Smyth, PhD, to its oncology leadership team as Senior Vice President, Clinical Development, where he will leverage his extensive oncology expertise to support the company's oncology development and service delivery efforts in Europe and Asia Pacific.
• Synteract (San Diego, CA) has appointed Wendel Barr, formerly Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President at Covance, as the company's new Chief Executive.
• PPD (Wilmington, NC) has appointed Edward Ian as Vice President of Clinical Development for Asia Pacific. He will be based in Singapore and will provide strategic leadership and operational oversight for PPD's Phase II-IV business in the region.
• With over 30 years of experience in the contract research organization and pharmaceutical industries, Raymond Farmen, PhD, has been appointed Vice President of Global Bioanalytical Services at Celerion (Lincoln, NE).
• Biotec Services International (Brigend, UK), has appointed two new Project Managers, Clare Aubrey and Nicola Jenkins, to strengthen the company's team.
• Genticel (Toulouse, France) has named Didier Hoch, MD, as a member of the company's supervisory board to help the company position its strategic assets.