OR WAIT 15 SECS
Industry news focusing on the people and organizations who work in the clinical trials profession.
• inVentiv Health Communications (Burlington, MA) announced the appointment of two social media veterans to address the dramatic changes taking place in the way patients and physicians communicate. Emma D'Arcy has joined the Digital+Innovation team in London as Head of Participatory Medicine. Ben Atkins, located in Los Angeles, will co-lead the growing digital practice of Chandler Chicco Companies to drive innovation, best practices, and digital/social integration across Chandler Chicco's agencies.
• PHT Corporation (Boston, MA and Geneva, Switzerland) announced that pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biotechnology Senior Executive Steven J. Sullivan joined its Board of Directors.
• Voisin Consulting Life Sciences (Cambridge, MA) announced the appointment of Mark A. De Rosch, PhD, as Vice President of Regulatory Drugs/Biologics and Head of US Operations. De Rosch is responsible for providing strategic counsel to pharmaceutical and biotech companies with product and drug pipeline development globally. He also is leading Voisin's US-based regulatory team.
Mark A. De Rosch
• Veeva Systems (Pleasanton, CA) announced that Jennifer Goldsmith, Vice President of Veeva Vault, has been appointed to the newly formed Healthcare IT Advisory Committee of Pennsylvania Bio (PA Bio). The mission of PA Bio is to ensure that the state of Pennsylvania is a global leader in biosciences by creating a community that unites biotechnology, medical device, diagnostic, pharmaceutical research, and financial strengths.
• WIRB-Copernicus Group (WCG) (Princeton, NJ) announced the appointment of Lindsay McNair, MD, MPH, MSB, to the new position of Chief Clinical Research Officer. McNair will be responsible for developing strategic partnerships and will oversee WCG's Consulting Division supporting pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, providing advice on matters related to clinical trial design, study startup, and ethical policies.
• PSI CRO (Zug, Switzerland) announced the appointment of Sabine Debuschewitz, MD, as Country Manager for PSI Germany.
• WorldCare Clinical, LLC (WCC) (Boston, MA) announced that Melissa Gebhardt has been appointed Vice President of Business Development and Marketing.
• Greenphire (King of Prussia, PA) announced the extension of its presence in Europe with the appointment of Alex Livingstone. He will lead the company's overall business development strategy in Europe.
• INC Research (Raleigh, NC) announced the appointment of Martin Sullivan, MD, as Executive Medical Director, Cardiovascular Medicine.
• DrugDev (London, UK, Princeton, NJ, and Audubon, PA), interactive network and data sharing platform for over 80,000 clinical trial doctors in 93 countries, announced its acquisition of CFS Clinical (CFS), specialty provider focused on the business and financial management activities for clinical trials.
• Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) (Wilmington, NC and Landsdale, PA) announced that PPD 3D earned the Gold Award for Best Use of Virtual Worlds for Learning from the Brandon Hall Group Excellence in Learning, Talent Management, and Sales and Marketing Awards.
• Quintiles (Research Triangle Park, NC) announced that the company has been awarded the Society for Clinical Research Sites' 2013 Clinical Research Organization Eagle Award. The award recognizes outstanding leadership, professionalism, integrity, passion, and dedication and is voted on by the sites themselves. Quintiles also announced that after receiving nine individual Great Place to Work awards in 2013, they had again been recognized as one of the World's Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work, ranking 18th on the 2013 list.
• PharmaVigilant, (Westborough, MA) an e-clinical provider, announced the release of I-Vault3. It features new Cube technology, a multidimensional solution that allows for every document, image, and video from your organization to be digitally stored with high security access.